You may have heard of this evolutionary light technology that helps you reach a deep sense of meditation… or you are completely new to words like ‘hypnagogic light experience’ and ‘lucid light therapy.’ Well here is your break down on what it is, the benefits and what to expect.
What is Lucia Light Therapy?
Lucia Light is a neurostimulator that combines flickering light with a constant light. This computer-controlled machine layers the lights by combining different speeds and intensities to guide your experience.
How does Lucid Light Therapy work?
The light triggers the extremely important, pineal gland to produce mind-activating hormones that help enhance creativity, influences circadian rhythms and produces melatonin. Brain activity records show that the viewer experiencing a sense of deep relaxation and high level of concentration while undergoing the therapy.
What is the Pineal Gland and why does it need stimulation?
The Pineal is a small, pea sized gland located in the center of the human brain. Its functions include: regulating hormonal, reproductive and sleep cycles, while also creating and releasing Dimethyltryptamine (DMT). DMT is integral to our visionary experiences, psychic and dreams. On a spiritual level, the Pineal is believed to be the ‘third eye’ gateway to the higher consciousness and awakening psychic senses.
What can you expect from Lucia Light?
The nature of the light is that every experience is different as it activates a transcendental experience and triggers the same positive effects as playing sport, using entheogenic substances or near-death experiences. It is most effective when the participant goes in with an open, relaxed mind with no expectations. Every person and experience is different depending on the setting used and individual’s mindset.
Benefits of Lucia Light:
- Rapid and sustained, deep sense of relaxation
- Increased learning capacity and performance
- Intense feelings of happiness
- Enhanced creativity
- Deep emotions
- Spiritual experiences
- Activation of the Pineal (third eye)
- Helps improve quality of sleep
- Supercharges and stimulates the brain
- Enhances mood
- Increases ability to concentrate
- Supplements other therapies
- May help increase effectiveness and shorten a course of therapy
Is Lucia Light safe?
What conditions does Lucia Light help?
The range of light therapy uses are limitless as it stimulates the brain to heal the body and induces a deep sense of relaxation. Lucia is particularly used to help the following conditions:
- Mood disorders
- Compulsive and mental disorders
Why do we offer Lucia Light Therapy at Authenticity Health and Wellness?
Authenticity began eighteen years ago as a healing centre and ever since we have offered alternative therapies to our visitors that want to grow spiritually, heal and reconnect with themselves and nature. We recommend visitors to undertake Lucia Light when:
- They first arrive for a retreat or detox. We have found that the Lucia Light therapy helps our guests switch off from the outside world, calm the mind and enter the space with a new, positive outlook. We believe it enhances the individual’s potential for healing in the space.
- As a supportive therapy to a Psychology, Aromadome Therapy or Conscious Psychotherapy session
- If they are having difficulty sleeping, relaxing or undergoing a healing process
- For those that would like to deepen their existing meditation practice
Visit our health and wellbeing page for pricing details and consider adding Lucia Light to your retreat experience at Authenticity Health and Wellness.
Featured Image: Artwork by ‘Hi-Fi at society6.com